Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Trouble in video game land

A lof of crazyness has been happening lately in the world of video games. First of all, 1up gets bought out by UGO. Lots of people lose their jobs. Big ass bummer, I just hope everyone lands on their feet, maybe form their own site or maybe the giant bomb crew could scoop up a few, that would be fantastic I think. No more podcasts for me, which is very very very very very sad, but not as sad as whats happened to these people. Best of luck dudes.

secondly there is some crazyness going on with bobs game. A dude named Bob wants to make a nintendo ds game, or actually, apparently he did make one, and is waiting for nintendo to approve his license, so he can get some dev kit software. Nintendo is not approving him, and so now hes having a 100 day protest.
here is a nice quote from his website.

Nintendo, you cannot continue ignoring me.

There is nobody like me. I have created the entire game, start to finish.
I am far better than Miyamoto, Itoi, Kojima, Carmack, and Wright COMBINED.
NONE of these "designers" could create the entire thing if their lives depended on it!
They rely on the assistance of others- and take all the credit. They don't even deserve their titles! I have bested them all by far.

"bob's game" is a game by ONE PERSON, and it's one of the GREATEST GAMES EVER MADE- if not THE BEST.
I stand alone on a mountain no other has even dared to climb. I have swam across the ocean only cruise ships could cross.
I have walked through the desert of no return. I have stepped in the footprints of none, a path never taken.
I have MADE HISTORY, and history cannot be undone. It's too late, Nintendo.

No man has ever accomplished what I have accomplished at 25 years old- it's no wonder you fear accepting this truth!
My work has humiliated your teams of engineers. One young man- singlehandedly- has made their lifetime of work seem like child's play.
How can they possibly compete with such overwhelming skill? It's not even fair, is it? That's too bad, Nintendo. I'm real, and I'm here.
You can't ignore me forever. I AM RIGHT, AND IT WILL WORK.

I am the GREATEST GAME DEVELOPER THAT EVER LIVED.
I am a GENIUS, and I will be around for the next 40 years- eating away at your company until it exists no longer.
I will find way after way to slowly destroy your bottom line, and your business will fail.
The name NINTENDO will be forgotten, a discarded husk like so many others.
"bob's game" will live on FOREVER.

THOSE WHO DOUBT ME- YOU WILL BE PROVEN WRONG.
IN TIME THE TRUTH WILL PREVAIL.
PREPARE TO EAT YOUR WORDS.

YES, I AM COMPLETELY SERIOUS!

WHO'S TAKING NAMES NOW, REGGIE?


So yah he sounds pretty crazy, but who knows maybe he really did make the greatest peice of software ever made by one person. more info HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment